• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezing on "Save as" and "Save a copy"

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all. Just built a new pc and got the subscription now when I open my old project files(these were also on premiere pro cc but older version) and try to save them as with a different name the program just freezes. I've given it time and even deleted everything from project leaving only the sequence with no other files in project. Still freezes, any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

I can confirm like others, that it has to do something with Windows Defender. Tried it off and on. Then I got the window with "allow make changes to Adobe Premniere" and since that it works. Hope that helps somebody. Sorry for English.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nersesm3340384,

Sorry for the freeze issue. Have you tried to save the files to a different location or drive?

Are you logged into the operating system as an administrator? Please check.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I can save, but when I want to save as, to a different location, premiere freezes every time, right after I click save as. I also just built a pc, with windows 10. Any thoughts?

Thanks,C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue, freezes on click to "save as". frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! More and more I'm noticing, that Adobe manages to mess up basic options. Like there was problems with saving and exporting in Illy, now you can't save in premiere! Awesome work, Adobe!
"This question is Assumed Answered." - they think that everything is OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

It just freezes. No dialog box or crash and close. It just becomes unresponsive. Freezes.

It happens on all projects. course it's administrator account.

No need for new account, cause in my case the windows is just reinstalled! Of course it's administrator account.

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
  • Installed memory: 16.0 GB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 750Ti

HARD DRIVE INFO SSD and 2 HDDPROJECT INFO

• Premiere Version: Premiere Pro CC
  • Any project

FIX ATTEMPTS

• Copy everything to a new folder rename it in explorer and you have a new project from previous

Event log:

The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 11.1.2.22 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: c6ac

Start Time: 01d348a488526fe5

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Report Id: eba069c4-e3c6-4283-88c1-36ac525b2d4a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\logs is empty. No logs at all.

Just updated to the latest version (12.0.0 Build 24) Still no changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem disappeared! (for now?)
I've updated to the latest version (12.0), but even after few restarts nothing happened..., but the thing about user account made me anxious, because there already been problems with account.. Not type, but name.
IT dept. manages our PC, so after a recent reinstall they made my account with diacritic letters... User "Pēteris Kārkliņš" in my case.
While Microsoft understands diacritic letters and request registration of windows in correct local language, Adobe still works in US and doesn't care about the rest of the world. They doesn't even use unicode font on their website!

Don't know if that will solve every bodies problems...

Here's how to change user name in win10:

How to change the registered name and account username in Microsoft Windows 10 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I experienced the same issue, and in my case it was related to my firewall (eset internet security). I added a rule to autorize premiere pro and everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response. The issue has been reported by multiple users. As suggested by Isoyann, the issue is related to Firewall or with a third party application.

Please try the steps recommended by Isoyann & perform a clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am worried that all my work will be deleted! I do not want to exit the program in fear of losing several hours' work! The saved file says a time three hours before now, so I am worried it is missing all my hard work. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i did,

1. is obviosuly set the autosave for 2 minutes, which for me is ok, but for some other types of work will be annoying, but this works for me.

2. I use autohotkey to set TAB on they keyboard to ctrl+s so i can save super quick after each important thing i do. Never do save as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this error is still very much present in 12.0.1. (Build 69)

It's such a brutal error, that I had high hopes that it would have been fixed by now...

:*(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm really curious how the [cursing removed] are you managing this problem, with the high volume of videos you make must be going insane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on "save as" or "save as a copy", the prime is frozen. You can close it only through the task manager-to stop the task. Sometimes hangs do not occur. Hangs occurred in the version 2017 and in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Only on new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nersesm,

One workaround that has been reported:

• If a CC2017 project file has been updated to CC2018 you might see this problem.
  • If a CC2017 project file has been imported to a new CC2018 project file, you won't see this problem.

Please try this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is in CC 2017 and CC2018. And it does not depend on importing or updating the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open the project, press save as or save a copy and hang up with c2018 (or cc2017). If I press save then the project is saved. If I continue to work in the project, I add the video to the sequence, I cut the video, for example, after a while, when I click on save as ss2018 it does not freeze and normally saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution definitely did NOT work for me.
Also ... all of the "workspaces" have gone blank and make Premiere hang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, as i posted before and people started mocking me, and giving such random general useless troubleshooting tips. Anyway, same problem 90% of the time i need to open an explorer window, either for save as, export something, import something. Sometimes after i keep killing PP a few times, it starts working. Firewall or no, antivirus or no, same thing, but only in PP2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer in here, huh?

This is a brutal error. ANY linked explorer window can freeze my entire program.

I tried reinstalling. Didn't help one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that doesn't help, also installing windows didn't help either. I'm sure it's the way win10 works with admin mode and all that, and how pp interacts with that. I tied petty much everything, and the only way for me is to just keep killing pp and launching it again until it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines