• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezing on "Save as" and "Save a copy"

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all. Just built a new pc and got the subscription now when I open my old project files(these were also on premiere pro cc but older version) and try to save them as with a different name the program just freezes. I've given it time and even deleted everything from project leaving only the sequence with no other files in project. Still freezes, any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

I can confirm like others, that it has to do something with Windows Defender. Tried it off and on. Then I got the window with "allow make changes to Adobe Premniere" and since that it works. Hope that helps somebody. Sorry for English.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that, I just hit the bug again.

Still a good idea to clean up your system, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a 4K project and I have the same problem. Save as and Save as copy hang.

Running on an MSI Z370 motherboard with Intel i7-8700K and NVIDIA GTX1060 video card.

I have these video applications installed:

Cyberlink PowerDVD 18

Cyberlink MediaEspresso 7.5

VLC media player

MKV Toolnix GUI

OBS Studio 0.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uinerd,

What exact dot version of PR are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.11 (Build 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this issue right now with a Mac Pro 6,1 3.5ghz 128g RAM, 6gb Vram, and it doesn't matter.  Specs don't fix this, workarounds online aren't helpful.  ADOBE PLEASE FIX!  I'm losing so much time on this job...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this same issue! It is infuriating! Thank god I am not trying to use premier to make a living. What bugs me is we pay for this service and Adobe is not on here apologizing and offering to reimburse to us or even appear to be doing anything to fix the issue! Just take our money and provide mediocre programs at best that force customers to find their own work around. If Adobe doesn't like this post then fix the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem doesn't seem to exist only in Premiere. It looks like a Windows issue, and could be related to the quick access menu.

Windows 10 Often Freezes When Saving or Opening Files - Super User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just to chime in again, I've never had this problem in any other programs except Adobe programs and mainly, almost exlusively, in Premiere. I went through that thread from the link and nothing applied to me. Don't use Quick access like that, don't use Onedrive through the OS, my drives never spin down...

It's gotten a bit better with this new version, but I have had it twice since I installed it a week or two ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey it just happened again. I screen grabbed the file "Save As" box. As you can see it doesn't show any of my drives (should be about 9 drives there.)

After about five minutes drive c: popped in. Frustrating.

frozen file selector.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me after I removed the shortcut for Save As. I put the shortcut back to the original and used the shortcut key combo and it worked. When using the menu, it froze one more time and I had to kill Adobe and then it was fine after that.

Changing shortcuts shouldn't cause this, but it does, so maybe this will fix other freezes. I guess if you get a freeze, revert your shortcuts and see if it helps.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using mac OS 10.14.2 and PSE 16.0 and this has been happening to me for several months now.  I work only on photos, not videos, and use it every day.  At least 2-3 times a week I try to save or save as and the wheel spins until I finally have to force quit the app.  It happens at random other times, also, not always when I'm saving and not exclusively when I'm saving.  AARRRGGHHHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in 2019 with same problem, I've got the newest version too. It's never done this before, I've only been using for a couple of months now though, but I save my projects multiple times while working on them in case of something like this but have never actually had something happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact issue and for me it turned out to be my anti-virus (Bitdefender).  As soon as I disabled the anti-virus I was able to save normally on Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still a thing? I don't have a custom PC. Just an Acer Predator. Everything worked fine for the first couple months now it stops responding when I try to rename the file and export location every time. I create upwards of 10 videos per week so organization is key and this just creates more of a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Project (Click in Assembly folder on the project name), clear all f***king garbage followed from recently copies 😃

Be careful! After bundle of success delete save the original project (to re-open if you will delete something necessary).

After this project works like a butterfly and "Save As" work excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC 2019 13.0 And Premiere still freezes when you click on "save as". Adding an exception to the firewall to open premiere.exe in and out does the trick.

Still : that's a real shame. A bug that lasts for ages and Adobe doesn't seem to care. There's not even a volume control for the playback. Forget about it... I'm gonna go back to Resolve and ask for a refund !

https://hansolocambo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding firewall exception did nothing. Still froze immediately at a "save as".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the bug report link on the top of the Overview page of this forum. I'm on my phone or I'd post the link for you.

Filing this there gets directly into the engineer's systems and also the upper managers who decide budgets and such. Adobe management is driven by metrics so give them one.

Please add what your system is so they know the base hardware. Helpful for tracking down the causes. This was once widespread, but most causes were nailed down a couple releases back.

There are some outlying instances of this still going on like you have, and with so few users affected it's harder to replicate and attack. Give them some info to keep after this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is two years old and people are still reporting it. I doubt any engineer Adobe or not will care about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you're ticked, that behavior sucks. Understood. Bern there, and a couple current issues are affecting my work.

You're wrong about the engineers attitude though. They're all editors and video folks outside of their jobs. And they do care. However there are nowhere near as many as you'd expect for a program with this user base, which I complain about any time I can run into management types at NAB or Adobe MAX.

And for this issue, which I did hear engineers talking about at NAB, they've knocked about 90% of the cases down. Some months back, in fact. And it's driving them nuts trying to find what is still doing this on some systems. What they can't replicate, well ... nearly impossible to fix.

So do please post the info on their system. They need it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Latest PP CC 2019. When I want to chose a folder for export, PP freezes. Fun thing, I'm not even trying to do a 'save as' but an export, and it still showes me a window as 'save as'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue with the latest PP CC 2019. When I try to do a "save as" most of the time Adobe Premiere Pro freezes. This is very shameful after 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just throwing my hat in to say I'm having this problem in 2019 (also getting the same freeze when I try to File>Import).

Was there ever a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on 13.1.2, I presume?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct- 13.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines