• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro freezing up, workspace tabs not working

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few weeks, any project I work on in premiere pro, I'm not able to complete because the program will have multiple issues. The biggest of which being the workspace tabs not working at all, when I click them, nothing will happen, and sometimes it will even switch the selected tab but not actually switch the workspace. For example, I'll be in the editing workspace and click the color tab and nothing will happen, however sometimes I'm able to click the color tab, and it will highlight the color tab like it's selected, but still show the editing workspace on the screen. If I'm ever able to get into different tabs, like color or graphics, nothing in that tab works, anything I click just doesn't respond. I've been trying to fix this for a few weeks now and nothing is working, I'm not sure what to do now.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Delete all nested audio from timeline: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all nested audio from timeline: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's insane that this works, thanks for posting this. Was having the same problem, now when I click into another workspace, if I go to the timeline and mute the audio track (I do have nested audio in the timeline), it will then instantly switch the workspace. Crazy workaround, but I'm here for it lol. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines