• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro glitching and crashing on Mac Studio Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the new Mac Studio Pro. I started editing this project on my iMac Pro with no issues. I've spent the last 4 hours troubleshooting an audio glitch that happens around 00:34:47;20. No matter what video or audio that is at that timecode, the audio glitches like in the attactched video file. Then Premiere can't be shut down normally so I have to force quit the application. 

I've cleared caches, reinstalled Premiere twice, tried putting the content in a brand new sequence, nothing has worked. 

Upon my research of this problem, I found there have been a number of issues with Premiere and the M1 chip. The M1 chip has been around 2 years and Adobe still hasn't optimized their product for this technology. Being a long time Adobe user, both personally and professionally, this is very disappointing. 

I'm open to all suggestions. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Looks like that worked so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know if you are still working problem free.  I cannot seem to get the Mac Studio to playback consistantly smooth. Currently on 22.4 running OS 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your footage, xtina?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been editing with Apple Pro Res Quicktime files. NTSC 23.98fps (sequences set to the same settings). I have also tried Pro Res LT, Proxy and HQ.  You can read more about the issues I've been having on the forum I posted the other day. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/lagging-playback-on-m1-mac-studio/m-p/132327.... I am a very experienced Premiere user and have been a professional editor for over 20 years. The experiences I've been having are either due to a new setting that has to be enabled or disabled with the new M1s or a compatability issue with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines