• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Premiere Pro) GPU Acceleration Problems

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've had numerous problems while using GPU acceleration setting. Such problems include, errors when Speed/Duration is changed to a certain amount and when playing back, an error shows. I've followed tutorials on how to avoid this problem by changing the Renderer settings to Software Only and switching back to GPU Acceleration for better performance. I then had a problem when using the render effect in and out setting(see attached image). I resolved this error by switching to software only. Although, these problems are resolved, it would be great if I could use GPU acceleration without any errors, as a few months before, I had not experienced any problems and now I can not identify the cause.

Specs:

Intel i7-10750H

Nvidia Quadro T2000

16GB 2933MHz Memory

Windows 11 Pro

Drivers are all up to date to the latest version.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest Studio driver installed and not the Game driver.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/179688/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, however I do have the latest Nvidia drivers, yet the problem still further persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose a different preview codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, sorry I don't know what that is. Are you referring to the attached file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that one.

Um, sorry I don't know what that is. Are you referring to the attached file?

By @ByTeD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot sequence settings and export settings.

Screenshot clip properties.

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake/Shutter Encoder before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By clip properties do you mean this(attached file 3) and how do I check if the footage is variable framerate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MediaInfo

tell you if the clip has vfr or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I checked all my clips with MediaInfo and I couldn't find any with 'Frame Rate Mode: Variable'(assuming vfr clips have this), only with 'Frame Rate Mode: Constant'. Thanks

ByTeD_0-1629243917917.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which camera did you use to shoot the source? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used a recording software(OBS Studio) to shoot the source and a 3D renderer to create other clips. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ByTeD,

Sorry about that, but here's the news. That OBS footage is the nastiest, most compressed, and weirdest stuff on the planet. You need to transcode this to something Premiere Pro can work with.

What most people do: If you can, transcode (AKA copy) the footage to the ProRes LT codec in Media Encoder. No idea which codec your 3D renderer export either, so that is probably having a similar issue. If the footage will not import into Media Encoder, try transcoding the media in something like Handbrake or Shutter Encoder (FFMPEG based shareware). Once you have optimized this media into footage Premiere Pro can better edit with, I'm sure all your other issues will be straightened out.

Try it and and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I'm not sure what it means by the codec, does that mean I have to import the original footage to encode and restart my editing after importing back to Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The codec is responsible for decoding and playing back your video file, and it is a very non-performant one used by OBS and other mobile devices.

Yes, the original OBS footage must be imported into encoding apps like Media Encoder, Handbrake, or Shutter Encoder to have files to edit with to be completely free of H.264 variable frame rate performance issues. Your raw OBS file will be difficult to edit with and will have performance issues, unfortunately. Sorry that you did not expect this extra step when dealing with footage that comes from streaming video apps.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to use Media Encoder to transcode the footage and I'm not sure if it is the VFR problem as I have edited many projects in Premiere with OBS footage and had no issues with exporting or playback etc, but now I do. I have attached a file with the error when exporting the project on Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so do I use Apple ProRes MXF OP1 to transcode the footage, it seems its the only option in Media Encoder. 

ByTeD_0-1629271850617.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Quicktime > Prores

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I transcoded the footage and removed the old footage, when I open my project and locate the files it does not find it although the file name is still the same, just the file extension is different, so how do I locate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Here's the error when it locates the file

ByTeD_0-1629278406769.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I transcoded the footage and removed the old footage, when I open my project and locate the files it does not find it although the file name is still the same, just the file extension is different, so how do I locate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I fixed the locating file problem and tried to export it with the transcoded footage and it came up with the same error somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couple things you can do:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clear media cache files

Reset workspaces: Go to Window : Workspace : Reset to Saved Layout.
Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Make new project and import old one.

If none of the above helps contact Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines