• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Hang on File -> Save (as)" and trying to change the Output Name in Export Settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PR freezes (hangs) when clicking on the File option or clicking on "Output Name" in export settings.

I have removed all apps using AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe, renamed all Adobe directories (Documents, Program Files, Program Data and %appdata% - then reinstalled CC and PR. Brand new sessions or older sessions work fine. Updated to the latest 15.4.1, no change.

It happens 2 out of 3 times and might not happen if I change one of the other parameters in Export Settings first. CTRL + S always works as does sending the export to Media Encoder and changing the file name there.

Anyone else having this issue: I saw that many people were having a similar issue from 2017 - 2020 with various versions. 

PR 2021 was not having this issue (other issues existed) and only started after I worked with support regarding those issues that were resolved by renaming the Adobe directory in Documents. 

I haven't tried a new user yet and will give that a try this week. 

Windows 20H2 with latest update

i7-5820K

GTX 970 with various driver releases including the latest

Samsung SSD 950 system disk (cache and other temp files to SSD)

LSI 9286-8e Raid controller to 30TB RAID6

Thanks,

Rob

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I am having the exact same issue with PP on my side.

It would be amazing if Adobe actually looked at these posts and gave some clarity as to how to fix this really annoying and time wasting issue.

We live in hope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just suddenly started having this issue, really frustrating and is holding up my projet which invovles a lot of short video exports. 
I've got a top of the line iMac, 64GB RAM. 

Would love a solution from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this still the case? Or have you managed to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines