• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro HDV Capture No Longer An Option

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally New Years Eve, I was capturing mini dv footage into Premiere on my Mac Mini, which I have been doing since subscribing to the service years ago. 

The very next day, Premiere would no longer launch. Finally went to update the software and it said it would not work on my Mac unless I updated the Mac OS to Big Sur. Ok, done.

I updated Premiere from the list in the Creative Cloud, launched Premiere and now I can no longer capture HDV mini DV footage. The capture window controls the camera, but in the capture settings there is no option for DV of HDV. The record button is shaded and unavailable. 

I have no idea what to do other than cancel my Adobe subscription and open an account with Avid. I just don't understand why I cannot do basic video capture. Yes, I am aware that it is a legacy format but so what? I have tons of mini dv tape, vhs and the like that still need to be digitzed...but on my time.

What is the problem. But better yet...why is this a problem? It's so frustrating.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/upcoming-changes-GPU-DV-HDV-support.html

Unfortunately, no longer supported. I don't know the exact reason but it's likely Apple's doing rather than Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it really necesary to completly make analog capturing and archiving unavailable to regular guys like me? Thank you for your answer but I have to say that this is just as much the fault of Adobe as it is Apple for not having any foresight regarding the need for analog capturing. I still have tons of dv tapes and even VHS tapes that need to be digitally captured and converted. What am I supposed to do now? Do I really have to dig out old OS's and applications to do this? No, I shouldn't have to. This whole scenario is extremely inconvenient. Once I find an alternative I will be canceling my Adobe subscription and open one with Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines