• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro - How to lock an audio track but be able to mute and unmute

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I have an issue with premiere pro. I want to be able to lock my audio track so it won't move or be sliced, o whatever could happen to it unintenionally; however, I need to mute and unmute whenever I want for editing my video clips. Any suggstions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only idea I have is to duplicate the track so you've got a version that you can mute and lock, and another that you can mute and unmute and if it gets screwed up you can simply delete the track and then reduplicate the locked track.  But can you describe what you're doing with an unlocked audio track that gets screwed up when you're editing video?  There are probably other ways of editing to avoid the problem of throwing things out of synch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a Lyric video. I want to be able to edit the texts that I'm inserting. Sometimes k want to be able to have the audio unmuted si I can sync them, but sometimes I want to mute them just to edit the effects on the texts, because when I move the cursor the audio track makes an annoying sound. It happened that the audio track gets cut and moves in all this editing. So I want to be able to lock from moving or splitting; but still be able to mute and unmute whenever I need to. This should be a feature that should be added to Premiere Pro. 

Thanks for the advice. I think the only solution rather than the one you said would be to turn down the volume of.my audio system but this will take time and time is money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the audio files are not linked to the video files, and you de-select the Track targets for them in the control block header, I think that would work. Cuts should only then appear on the tracks with the Target block (blue block just left of header) selected and blue.

I de-link audio quite frequently and have multiple video tracks. I can de-select even some of the video tracks and the only one I'm cutting is the one I want to work on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with linking to video. It's a simple issue of being able to mute and unmute an audio track that is locked. Adobe needs to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want Adobe to 'fix' this, then let it be known here:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could send your music to a submix track, lock the music track and turn the mute on and off on the submix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac and not exactly sure how it would work on a pc, but you could change the audio output pretty quickly if you've got the speaker icon on the menu bar.  control click on it and choose another output device.Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 1.48.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines