• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Import dialogue window hanging?

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere V 22 (build 128) on macOs Monterey v 12.3.1

I updated to the lastest version of premiere and suddenly I have issues with importing assets. So I reverted back to v22 128. but the problem persists. The issue is when I initiate the import dialogue and select the files and then the dilogue window hangs ... can't select anything , green submit btn does nothing, then I click off of the window and it imports? Sometimes it works? sometimes it doesnt. Nothing works in the import dialogue window.. the dropdown to access files doesn't work either. Cancel doersn't work either?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. Does it happen while importing specific files? If so, could you share some of them to test? Can you also check if permission is given to the Adobe folder? https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't really matter which files I select. Once I click off of the dialogue window they actually import so can't see it be the files.

I have been running Premiere on this laptop for over 2 years and I run Premiere every day editing training videos, I have access to all the files so I do not believe it is a permissions issue. (Also because the files do import once you click off the window, it would seem that Adobe has access)

I have rebooted my computer, which I have not done since I reverted back to v 22 128 and so far the import issue hasn't shown up since the reboot and revert to 22 128.  Maybe the update needed you to reboot your computer to allow some sort of permissions to update? Big guess there. 

I'm not sure if I rebooted after I installed the upgrade, seems likely I did. 

I will try re-installing the latest update and then reboot the system and see what happens. I will post my results.

thank you for your response so far. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new Import page options for the import?

If so, try creating a new project by either going directly to the File/Premiere menu, "new project" option, or by typing a name and setting a location in the new import page but without any media selected. Then click "Create".

Either method should get you a new project without any media added. Now see if you can import from the Project panel or the MediaBrowser panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once I update back to the "new" version I will try your suggestion. I am using Premiere project files created with v 22 128, and opened it in the newest version currently available to download.

My files are loaded with title graphics so I copy the prem file as a template, rename etc rather than having to recreate it all every time.... I could create a new proj file from the new version and paste all of my timeline assets in. Will keep you posted. A bit of extra work but once I have created the new version, I can copy thatone again as a template.

Will keep you posted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines