• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro import update folders not regocnized

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Since the new import update, I cannot reach my folder with content. The folder structure in Premiere is not matching my folder structure in the files of Windows.  Does anyone know how to solve this? (Without to transfer the files to another location).

Regards,

Leon

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because that Import page is the new flat-folder option for places like TV newsrooms or other users that need a quick project setup with a 'flat' folder/bin area. It is NOT built for ingesting or building a full folder/bin structured project.

So use what you are supposed to be using, and yea it ain't as obvious as the Devs thought it was.

As always before ... to start a project, type a project Name, select a Location on disk, then make sure no folders are 'starred' in the center section, and no button is blue on the right sid.

Then click the Enter button and Premiere will open the new project as it used to. And use the Project panel or MediaBrowser panel to build out your projects as always.

They replaced all the options on the old New Project panel for setting scratch locations (that were rarely used) with the new process that is used heavily by certain user groups. Not most of us, but for some it's awesome.

And they were rather surprised that so many users didn't just automatically do Name, Location, Create like before and skip the options they didn't need or want.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines