• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro importing iPhone video to timeline turns overexposed, same on export (Color Space help)

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have this new problem with the updated Premiere Pro 2022 (vers. 22.5.0) (also, a new 2021 Macbook Pro running Monterey vers. 12.5) where when I import an iPhone video it looks 'normal' (exposed properly) in the media/project browser, but when I drag it to the timeline it turns overexposed (highlights totally blown out, same as when I export it).

I know this is due to the working color space being wrong, but I can't change the overall color space as it will affect the other clips. Also, I can't access the Clip > Modify > Interpret Footage - it's just greyed out (any ideas why?). 

The (possibly relevant) clip properties are:

Type: MPEG Movie

Alpha: None

Color Space: Rec. 2100 HLG

Color Space Override: Off

Input LUT: None Video

Codec Type: HEVC 10 bit 4:2:0

My working color space is Rec. 709 (which if I change to also Rec. 2100 HLG, it does fix the clip, but then it dulls every other clip, and I don't want to just add an adjustment layer when I don't need to)

Lastly, I don't want to just fix it by adjusting the clips exposure. It just doesn't look right when I do that, any other solutions seriously appreciated !!! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines