Premiere Pro is Broken For Me

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a brand new Dell XPS 17 thinking it would be able to run Premiere perfectly fine, but it crashes ALL the time for me. In the middle of exporting, at the end of exporting, when it's starting up, when I'm trying to generate keyframing for ducking, etc. Is this my graphics card? I didn't think it would be an issue because again, I'm on a brand new laptop, but do I still have to update it or something? I never had this much crashing on my old computer. This is absurd, and it's driving me up the wall.

Yes, Premiere is fully up to date, as well as the creative cloud app. As far as I'm concerned, everything is set up to where it should be working perfectly fine. Maybe this is just a really buggy version of Premiere, or maybe it's just me. Is anyone else experiencing this?
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response! Life's been a bit crazy as of late. 

I have an Intel i7 11th Gen, 32 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 graphics card (4 GB GDDR6; 60 W), and a single 1 TB SSD with 600 GB of free space. I'm a music producer so a lot of the stuff I have on my drive right now are VST plug-ins, some project files of recorded songs, and other various music applications. I also have some Creative Cloud apps, of course, and some other miscellaneous apps, but that's really all I have on this computer at the moment. It also has Windows 11 on it, too. 

In response to your other comment, I just updated my graphics card today; it didn't seem to do much. Now I'm getting a very consistent error that says "Low Level Exception (Player:63)" everytime I go to edit. Premiere just freezes and I eventually just have to go into task manager and end task. Windows 11 is also up to date on my system. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sam, 

Your setup seems decent. That being said many people had issues with the 22.2 update. I myself had several issues as seen in the video link below. I used to people to wipe and reload Windows but they shouldn't have to. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyFu9vhOuHI

This video demonstrates issues with Adobe's Mercury Playback Engine.Adobe Creative Cloud: https://amzn.to/33rTUTYLink is monetized. Link to Adobe website b...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but do I still have to update it or something?

By @Sam23516365hd5w

Yes, you need to update Windows and then your graphics driver.

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with all the nonsense software Dell loads up on its computers, there may well be a software conflict. Anti-virus and other system-level background processes can wreak havoc on Pr because Pr needs low-level hardware and OS access. There may also be so much bloatware and adware launching at system startup that Pr can't grab the resources it needs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff! Thank you for the response. 

Is there any way to potentially combat this? Obviously, I'm not 100% sure if this is the issue I'm experiencing, but if you have any tips on how to troubleshoot this that would be great!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with CCleaner.

Running its modules will give you a lot of insight into what's going on with your computer, and will help you make smart decisions about what you let your PC do. And all of its changes are reversible if you get into trouble.

There is a free version that will give you a big head start, but I think it's well worth the 30 bucks for the paid version, if only for the set-it-and-forget-it mode.

I used it on Windows for a long time, and it was an essential tool for keeping my PC lean and mean.

I'm on a Mac now, and the Mac version is.....disappointing. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines