Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is not rendering resized 4K footage

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am going crazy: I have a 1920x1080 timeline where I am working with some 4K footage. Some of it I am reframing to 50% in order to fit. When I play this in the software, it is very smooth. But when I export, it gets super buggy and jumpy and lagging. I have been chatting with an Adobe agent for an hour, have removed all the folders and re-installed the software clean but the problem persists...

System: Mac OS Monterey 12.3 - Macbook Pro Apple M1 Pro chip - 16GB RAM

Premiere Pro 22.0

It definitely seems to be the render and the resizing, because when I export in the native format of 100% it doesn't have the issue anymore. HELP!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Let's take a look.

Re-scaling a clip is heavy on your graphics processor, I wonder if we can lighten the load. Have you already tried choosing software encoding from the Export Settings window? 

I also wonder if there's some strange hack like maybe, instead of scaling your 4K clips down to 50% using the Effects Control panel, we can try one of the other methods of resizing a clip. Set the 4K clips back to 100% scale, then right-click them and select "Scale to frame size" or "Set to frame size" and see how they export. Just a shot in the dark but wondering if that would affect the way Premiere processes it.

Let us know how it's going!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Caroline! I tried resizing in other ways like you suggested, to no avail... Strangely, I can't do hardware encoding because it tells me my system doesn't support it, while it should in theory.

Now trying to encode with an older version of Premiere on another computer, to see if that works. Thank you so much for your suggestions, I'll keep you updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating to 22.2 many updates for the M1 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a screen shot or a screen recording of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Christian, I'll make a screen recording today and post it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pien Josefien,

Sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening while exporting in any specific format (like H.264/HEVC), or is it happening with all the formats? Also, have you tried importing the exported video in Premiere Pro to check if it's playing properly in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sumeet, it is happening for all formats! And no, it is also not playing properly in Premiere Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines