• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is not working

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I've been trying to edit this project for the last 6 1/2 hours and now it's gone, along with all my other projects I spent hours on. Let me explain.

I was having some decent success with starting the project. I got all the clips in and was able to consolidate all the duplicate files. Then this happened: I tried moving video files and no matter which one I chose, it wouldn't budge. It would show a hand icon with a black-and-white "not allowed" circle next to it instead. When looking online for a fix to this, I saw a tip for resetting preferences and also for deleting media cache. I tried loading into Premiere Pro this way, but after a few seconds, it showed Premiere Pro with all my projects gone. Now I have zero projects, and no way to get them back. I'm pretty frustrated. What is in the media cache? This is the second time this has happened and both times I was assured that it wouldn't happen.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

I saw a tip for resetting preferences and also for deleting media cache. I tried loading into Premiere Pro this way, but after a few seconds, it showed Premiere Pro with all my projects gone.

By @Keenan273698333pc8

When you reset the Preferences the list you see with your projects is cleared. The project file/s are still on your disk/s. Use any file browser and search for *.prproj and you will find them.

Resetting the Prefs just remove them from the list, but never from the HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a tip for resetting preferences and also for deleting media cache. I tried loading into Premiere Pro this way, but after a few seconds, it showed Premiere Pro with all my projects gone.

By @Keenan273698333pc8

When you reset the Preferences the list you see with your projects is cleared. The project file/s are still on your disk/s. Use any file browser and search for *.prproj and you will find them.

Resetting the Prefs just remove them from the list, but never from the HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that the projects are still on your computer. You just have to open them from where they are saved.

Can you please give us system specs so we can try to help you with the other problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines