• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is running incredibly slow!

Participant ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least on a bi-monthly basis, I have to contact Adobe support to get them to fix my system. Adobe Premiere Pro has been getting worse and worse in terms of reliability over the last few years (I've been using it for 20 years). When is Adobe going to produce software that is reliable again??? I've already worked with an Adobe support tech in took control of my computer, basically deleted all preferences and cache, but everything is STILL running slow. Anyone out there ready to dump Adobe? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variability between users is wider than I've ever seen with both Premiere and Resolve. It's pretty frustrating. Similar kit can be getting very different performance.

My 24 core 3960x w 128GB of RAM and a 2080Ti is getting the best performance I've ever gotten. As is my 4 yr old Acer laptop.

But a guy with such a similar build to mine I suspect it's also a Puget system is getting crap. Our media is even fairly similar.

No freaking clue. Used to be a LOT easier to diagnose performance problems.

That said, how about giving us your hardware, media, and typical effects in use?

The folks who "hang" here often are better than the tech support folks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for the response. I'm on a Macbook Pro M1 Max running MacOS Monterey 12.5.1. 64GB Ram. I'm using latest Premiere Pro and AE. PP 22.5.0 (build 62), AE 22.6.0 (build 64). On my current project, I have a couple of Boris FX Continuum Complete effects, and I also use some Red Giant (Maxon) effects. Attaching screenshot of my plugins. I do have multiple external hard drives. The PP and AE project files live on an external SSD hard drive that is attached via Thunderbolt. So, shouldn't be a problem there. Cache files are on the internal hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, M1. That's a puzzler also. Many are running fast with the Adobe DVA apps, but some are nearly hammered. There's been a number of threads with stuttering and all sorts of ills.

I think someone reported theirs ran better after unchecking both H.264 options in the Preferences.

Another one had a gaming "sound helper" app that when disabled allowed Premiere to run better.

Best wishes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines