• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro is slow to load up footage.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a large project. I have most of the footage on an external hard drive (via usb3) that I believe to be on its own bus. When I load up the project, it takes a really long time to relinquish al of the footage. I am thinking that I may need to install a larger internal HD and move the project off of that drive.

any ideas? Any one had a similar issue?

TOPICS
Editing , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the Adobe programs are up to date. The project is 2TB in size. I only have a 1TB HD. However I can get a larger drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You got to keep in mind that you're working on a 2TB project. It takes time to load in all those previews, proxies, linked media and more. Either split the project up into smaller projects(s) or you might want to go for a SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines