Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is slowing down when using multiple monitors

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

So I have three monitors when I working with premeire pro. All three have different windows on the, timeline, scopes, effects, audio track ect. 

My playback on my footage is absolutely fine, but the scrubber and counter on the all start to lag. This doesn't happen when everything is one screen. 

Here is my build: 

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.7GHz/73MB CACHE/AM4)

64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)

RTX 3090

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is bizarre. I run three to four, and never have an issue with other screens added. 24 core Ryzen rig with a 2080Ti.

But number of screens never bothered my older six core Intel machine with a 1080 either. Huh.I presume you have the OS set to "extend display" across all the screens?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I see a noticable slowdown on multiple systems (both windows and mac) particularly when I'm dealing with 4K multicamera material..    I'm not dealing with the most uptodate systems but just integrating a brand new m1 macbookpro into the workflow and will report back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, 

Yeah I do everything on extended display. This is a problem that has extended past a few reinstallations of windows as well. So I am not sure what is causing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines