Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro keeps adding frames after Render and Replace

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the attached video.

I make specific cuts in a video and after I render and replace the clip it changes which frames are showing. The duration of each clip does not change, but it moves the clip back one frame based on the handles. Why is this happening?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Creating subclips without handles might do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you check "include handles", does it work as it should?

I would think you would normally want the handles, as if you're going to say add a transition there at some point you would need the handles.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including handles just adds more of the footage I don't want.

I intend to just have raw cuts in the footage and no transitions. And even if I did have transitions, I would want it to duplicate the media instead of using handles. With this project, I am cutting out all footage of people talking and just want to have footage of the truck.

Ideally there would be a feature to delete all handles, which is what I am trying to use Render and Replace to do, but it is obviously adding footage from the handles that I do not want.

This wouldn't be that big of a deal if this was the only time I was making a video like this but this is about the fourth one I've done and I'm sick of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I want to do this is because I am going to change the timing of certain clips and use optical flow. When I have been doing that previously, it will add in footage from outside the clip (from the handles) instead of just working with what it has on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, ok.

Yea, timing changes may expect to include other parts of the clip, as they tend to try to keep the length of time on the timeline the same at times. Although, most of the time, I've not had issues with 'retimed' clips on a sequence.

How are you changing the time? Interpreting or Speed/Duration?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you watch the video attached to the original post it shows the exact process I go through.

I am using Speed/Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed/Duration is typically 'better' according to the engineers. True.

Have you tried Interpreting the speed? Does that also misbehave?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to do that. I want to make each clip a specific amount of time. Most of them I am either speeding up or slowing down to make them each be 3 seconds long. Is this possible with Interpreting? If so, can you please provide a link to an article explaining how to speed up footage using Interpreting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not that big an expert with "Interpreting" myself, I've mostly used S/D.

The basic process is right-click/reveal in project to highlight the clip in the Project panel bin. Then right-click/Modify/Intepret Footage (yea, a pain to get there).

You have the control for the "assume this framerate" and change that until the duration time display below shows the correct time you want ... although it might work better with a subclip with "restricted" ends than a general clip on a timeline.

But that duration time is what you'd be looking at. I've not done this recently, no guarantees as to how it behaves. Just offering as a potential option.

Of course, you might find that making a subclip first of each timeline clip, may get a better behaved Speed/Duration process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can delete handles without going into Render and Replace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating subclips without handles might do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines