• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro keeps on freezing when I press play on sequence playback window

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7/ 16 gigs of ram. Everytime I'm editing my project, if I press play to playback my sequence the video freezes along with the play button. I can still move my mouse around the screen, I can still select things in the project, the only thing that freezes is the playback video and the play button stays on the triangle (play) icon no matter how many times I press it. Before when I discovered this problem my Premiere wasn't up to date but now I've updated it to the most recent version along with my OS to the most recent Big Sur and I'm still having the same problem. I have no idea what it could be.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know this issue is windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source properties and sequence settings?  Any chance any of your sources are from a smartphone or screen recording?  If so, the problem may be caused by clips with a variable frame rate which can cause all sorts of unpredictable and inconsistent issues.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having an Adobe rep control my computer to troubleshoot the issue and we found out that it was a specific audio file that I was using for the project. Once I got rid of the file the problem stopped. But recently I started a new project and the problem seems to be happening again. The common theme between both projects is that I'm using my iPhone to record external audio. I saw you mentioned phone recordings, do you think the audio files I'm using from my iPhone have something to do with it? Using my iPhone to record external sound is a tactic I used throughout film school for budget indie filmmaking as it got the job done, I've never had it be a problem before until now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before dropping the audio files into Premiere convert to wave first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And set to 48k 16bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. I still need the audio file, though. Did the rep figure out how to place it back in the timeline? And do you remember why the audio file was the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with Premiere for several years. Especially audio files mixing with video files. I have never had a smooth experience with Adobe Premiere Pro. I have had 4 different $5000+ production computers with different parts and they all had the same issues. Premiere is cursed in my life. Right now, I have the RTX 3090 GPU, the 12900KF CPU, 64gb DDR5 RAM,  blah blah blah and premiere wont let me drop any format of video clips and audio clips on one sequence. Same as always. I have tried every single format literally one by one mix and matching. Premiere is simply the worst video editing software I have ever used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I've used most of the nonlinear video editing platforms;  Avid, FinalCutPro 1-7, FCPX, Resolve and Premiere's been the best as far as I'm concerned.   If you're interested in troubleshooting your issues, post away...  We're here to help.  For the most part we're users who have a lot of experience troubleshooting and solving problems.   

But don't understand why if you're experience has been so terrible you haven't found another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Solution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Paddy29169460l0xo,

Please give the community full details about your system and media. Thsi is a rather old thread.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines