Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro Keeps Pin Wheeling freezing

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Mac back from being repaired. Before I sent it in I was having an issue with it constantly freezing every time I did something in my project but eventually it would unfreeze long enough for me to add something else in my project. When I finally got done with it, it wouldn't let me export so I tried a software update which made my computer refuse to take me back to my Home Screen. I called apple to find out my computer hardrive had to replaced.

Anyways a week and a half later.

My hardrive & flash was replaced and I got my computer back yesterday with nothing on it. I reinstalled premiere pro. I opened my project and it won't let me click anything without feeezing. It's even worse than before. I have a huge project that should've been ready weeks ago. Someone said to go to file and general to set the renderer to software only but after 30 minutes I couldn't even press file or anything else at the top of the page. When I finally got there it already is under software only. 

Update: As I have written this, it is finally letting me click things but It still freezes after a while and then lets me move around again. What should I do? I don't want this to keep happening. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rané,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere are you currently using? Please try resetting your Preferences and clearing your Media Cache files, and let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Realmente si tienes las últimas actualizaciones de macOS y de Premiere Pro no debería suceder esto que es bastante lamentable. Sin embargo, algo que yo intentaría es bajar una versión del Sistema Operativo para ir descartando posibilidades.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines