• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Lag/Overall Bad Performance on Nvidia RTX 3090 │ Intel i9-10900F │ 128GB DDR4 Ram │ W11

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting a 3090 for my PC, I thought all my issues with lag while scrolling through media, bad playback performance, and my PC occasionally turning off* when I boot up Premiere or in the middle of editing. Nope still happening. So I got 128GB of ram thinking that surely would fix it, but nothing changed. I can still kinda edit now, but it's an extremely difficult and annoying process. I'm editing 2k footage from obs, and It's still freaking out. What Should I Do?

*Screen freezes for about 5 seconds then PC just turns off like a black screen as if it lost power

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw here are all my things lol:

• 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD With Heat Sink
  • Intel i9-10900F @ 2.80GHz 10 Cores
  • Nvidia RTX 3090
  • 128GB DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance LPX RAM
  • Windows 11 Pro / 10.0.22000 Build 22000
  • 517.40 Studio Driver
  • Premiere 22.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you don't want to transcode to a Smart Rendering workflow (recommended), try rolling back a version or try the public beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's possible your sources have a variable frame rate which can cause intermittent and unpredictable problems.    Never worked with OBS, but seem to remember that this is an option ...  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and resolve the issue.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines