For the past few weeks, my Premiere Pro playback has been lagging/freezing or just not showing the footage at all and instead leaving a black screen. I have changed the following to attempt to fix this:
- Change General project settings to Software Only (and also tried GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
- Deleted cache
- Reinstalled Premiere & tried older versions
- Used proxies for the footage, toggling them on and off to see if there was a difference, there wasn't
- Tried with completely new projects
- Assigned more memory to Premiere (the most my 32GB RAM can provide)
Here are my PC specs for your info:
- Ryzen 3700X CPU
- NVIDIA 2070 Super Graphics Card
- 32GB RAM
- Windows 11 (latest version)
What happens is, during this freeze, both of my monitors will go black and I will hear a sound similar to that when you plug in an external drive/usb. It is extremely frustrating as I have deadlines to meet but can't work when the footage cannot be seen.
Anyone have a solution?