• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro lagging - Video not playing

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has occurred recently after an update but I don't know if that is the core of the problem, it hasn't happened before in this way.

Opening up any project and the preview screen and audio meter either are frozen or lagging/ the frames drop for both. (The audio plays all through fine but it seems to be an issue with the video output.

When I open a separate sequence and play footage there and go back into my main project sequence it is fixed. It does not work if I open media in the sequence with the occurred issue.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May we have more info, Theo? Here's what we need to know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/1eIRTt9Yfoo

When I play my rendered footage it does not play but you can only hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Does this issue also happen with other projects? Here are some of the basic troubleshooting steps to try if you haven't already:

• Clear the Media Cache.
  • Try setting the Renderer to Software Only (File > Project Settings > General)
    • Note that if Software Only helps, it can be a sign that there is an issue with the GPU/GPU drivers.
  • Update your GPU drivers. If you have an Nvidia card use the studio drivers. If you've done an update relatively recently, try the clean installation option under custom, rather than express.
  • Do a preferences reset for Premiere
  • Try an alternate version of Premiere, up or down a .x version, or even a different year, to see if that helps.
  • You can also try an uninstall/reinstall of the current version

I noticed that you had previews rendered. What kind of video previews are they? Does the same thing happen with your video without the video previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines