• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Link Media window not showing up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is hard to explain, so please bear with me. I'm running the lastest Premiere Pro CC on Windows and when my media gets disconnected and I right click that media in project window, my whole Premiere freezes (like it's waiting on some action). It took me a while to figure out, but if I press Esc everyting gets back to normal.

It feels like Link Media window "opens" in the system, but I do not see it anywhere. Same issue with Attaching Proxies, I can't see that window pop up. After some research, nobody seems to have this problem. I've already restarted Premiere, my computer, and even reinstalled Premiere, but nothing helped.

Only solution right now I have going about relinking my media is by Replacing Footage, which sucks because I can only "replace" 1 media a time.

Please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

We have the solution. "Jason S (Adobe) from adobe-video.uservoice.com has this solution!

"First, sorry for the hassle. My guess is that the modal dialog is opening up off-screen (did you at some point have multiple monitors? Maybe an external monitor attached to a laptop?) and since you can't interact with it you're blocked. One trick is when you are in this state (before clicking anywhere else) hold down the alt key and then hit space. This will bring up the system menu of the modal dialog. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window hidding behind the main UI or different screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not hiding behind any windows. I've closed all my windows and made premiere super small to see if it's behind that, and no luck. 
I'm not against resetting my trash preferences, but how will it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem. You are not alone! I've had it for almost a year now, and I've never been able to fix it. I've always had to transfer everything to a different computer to relink all my media. I realize that is not a solution, not is it a temporary solution that everyone has access to, but if you have that option and are in a bind in need of a quick fix, this might get you out of the woods. I'd love to see a real solution here. I've tried every solution I've come across on the internet with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

Please post a detailed report of this over on their UserVoice sytem. Your system, media, workflow, typical effects, and how this pops up.

This forum is good for getting assistance from other users like me, Ann, Jeff, and many others. The UserVoice goes directly to the engineers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. Looks like Philipp just posted there. Crossing my fingers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your data to his comment, give it more "oomph".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer specs: Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 18363.959, Intel Xeon Gold 6234 @ 3.30GHz, 32gb RAM.
Running Premiere Pro v14.3.1 (Build 45).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add mine here as well.

Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1909
OS Build: 18363.1016

Processor: Intel Core i7-7820X @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32 GB

Premiere Version: 14.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this one just in case, it resets the Dialog positions to default. 

Quit PP

Rename the file: DVADialogPrefs.xml  Located below, just paste that into file explorer

"%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\DVADialogPrefs"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the name but nothing happened. Link Media window is still nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the solution. "Jason S (Adobe) from adobe-video.uservoice.com has this solution!

"First, sorry for the hassle. My guess is that the modal dialog is opening up off-screen (did you at some point have multiple monitors? Maybe an external monitor attached to a laptop?) and since you can't interact with it you're blocked. One trick is when you are in this state (before clicking anywhere else) hold down the alt key and then hit space. This will bring up the system menu of the modal dialog. You can then hit the M key which will allow you to move the window using the arrow keys (maybe practice on notepad first so you get a feel for this as you'll have to do it blind with us, though once you start moving with the keys you should be able to move the window using the mouse, too, I think)."

It totally worked for me and another guy!

Thank you Jason!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working. Strange though, the DVADialogPrefs.xml holds the screen location preferences, and I would think resetting this to stock (by renaming that file with PP closed) would have fixed that also. Well, doing it that way appears to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton. This solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're an angel man! worked great when blocked windows not popping out when adobe monitor 2 and 3 is enabled. 

shocked-face-with-exploding-head_1f92f.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines