• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Looks Like it Exported my whole video, but it cuts out half way

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video and I checked the Source Range, and it says my whole video is being exported. Then when I open the movie player on my computer, it will start playing, and it says there are 30 minutes left in the video, but around halfway, the video will abruptly end. You can't see any of the later clips past the point where it crashes either. Again though, the source range covers the entire video, and at first, it appears the video has been exported fully until later in the video. 

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

It could be a problem during the rendering process that is causing Premiere to get stuck. Things I'd try:

• Try export just the last bit from the point just before the previous export abruptly ends. If the exported video doesn't play, investigation on what is happening at the end bit will need to happen.
  • Try render usng different compression/output settings. What are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

This is kind of mentioned by Dean, but specifically I would say to try using Software Encoding to H264 rather than Hardware Encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a problem during the rendering process that is causing Premiere to get stuck. Things I'd try:

• Try export just the last bit from the point just before the previous export abruptly ends. If the exported video doesn't play, investigation on what is happening at the end bit will need to happen.
  • Try render usng different compression/output settings. What are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

So tried just exporting halves of the video, and the second half actually did export, and the first half is only exporting partially. I don't know what would be the issue, I am using the same types of files throughout the entire video, and previously all the settings I have used in the past.

I am exporting it as an H.264 as a High-Quality 1080p HD and the rendering type is Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of mentioned by Dean, but specifically I would say to try using Software Encoding to H264 rather than Hardware Encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and combined with clearing up extra space on my hard drive, it worked! Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear this is resolved and that I could help in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines