I'm editing an 8 minute baby shower video and the export time starts at 3 hours and typically climbs to around 8 hours before I cancel the export.
it also takes up to 20 minutes to render in to out on timeline.
This is all due to the Lumetri Color edits I've applied to an adjustment layer that stretches across the entire timeline. Any change causes entire timeline to turn red. Does fine without it.
basic correction (contrast, whites, blacks)
sharpen to +100
Video clips shot on Sony A7R iii. 29.97fps, UHD, H.264 4:2:0 200Mbps
Sequence settings match camera footage
Export settings: (preset) Facebook 2160p 4K ultra HD
so I can upload to Instagram.
target bitrate changed to 20Mbps to keep video under 1GB (996MB estimated size)
Any input would be nice. I've never had a video take this long to export.
CPU: intel i7 11700KF
GPU: rtx 3060 phoenix 12GB vram
RAM: 32 GB
SSD (with premiere and project files): WD Blue 2TB SN570
What is the renderer selected in your project settings? If it is software renderer, can you please try with CUDA renderer?
I have Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
Post screenshot export settings.
Copy link to clipboard
Sharpening to that extent might be an issue. That's a long-GOP media and you don't have perhaps the RAM that your CPU would need to work faster at it. And 8 cores anymore isn't 'that much' ... sigh.
So you might try reducing the Sharpening or simply eliminating it, see if it exports faster.
It seems like I found the issue! I failed to mention that I also added an unsharp mask. (This was to mimic a VHS look).
render with no effects at all: 3:40 min
render with just color grade: 3:48 min
(everything minus sharpening + unsharp)
render with color grade + sharp to 100: 3:49 min
Render with everything + unsharp mask: 8+ hours
Thank you for your help!
Thank you for isolating the problematic effect and reporting here. This is extremely helpful!
And I am pleased to share that starting with Premiere Pro Beta v22.6.0 (Build 17), the Unsharp Mask effect supports hardware acceleration. So if you could try to export your original project in latest Premiere Pro Beta, it should take much less time to render. Please do share the results with us, if you get a chance to try this! You can install the Beta version besides the regular version.
Nice to hear Unsharp Mask getting some attention ...