Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Mac OS Ventura Crash

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

After upgrading the Mac OS Ventura Beta, Premiere Pro v22.5 crashes upon opening / importing old projects.

Creating a new project has no issues. But opening results in a crash a few seconds after loading. The project does open somehow and timelines are visible, but immediately crashes and quits. Importing the old project into a new project also results in a crash.

This is on a Macbook Pro M1 series.

Is anyone experiencing something similar or know of a fix?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

You may have to wait until Adobe supports Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Premiere Pro Beta version to see if it works ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't tried that! Where can I subscribe to the Beta or install it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I open beta apps?

• Open the Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the beta version and unfortunately projects are still crashing on loading :S The projects open, but crash ~2 seconds after loading.. :

Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 1.22.34 PM.png

I have tried opening the project on another machine and the project open okay without crashing, ruling out a corrupt project file..  Is there anything else that can be recommended? A fresh install?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to wait until Adobe supports Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Bash. Use only supported versions of macOS according to system requirements. You can file the issue here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I just created a bug report for this issue.  I made the comment, though, that the CC installer app should warn us if an app isn't supported by Adobe before allowing us to update it on our computers.  For now, I just try to get my projects edited on the M1 Max laptop, then save it off to an SSD RAID drive and have my old 2016 laptop run the export (which works fine...but I'm not updating anything on it for now until this issue is resolved).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo una pregunta para ti. Esta nueva actualizacion tiene mejor respuesta con Adobe Premiere? Notas alguna satisfaccion? Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Santi,

Sorry if I do not quite understand your question in the context of the OP's question. Are you asking a general question about current Premiere Pro performance or its performance with Ventura? I would say that performance is satisfactory in 22.5 on macOS 12.2.1. I have not tested Ventura yet, and I cannot give you an answer about that right now. A lot would depend on your computer system. Could you expound on your system? What are its components? It is also helpful to know what footage you are editing. Let us know more info so we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. 
My question is about Ventura running Adobe Premiere Pro on an Apple system,
MacBook Pro 2019, 2.3GHz i9 8Core. Pro Vega 16 4Gb and Ram 16Gb.
So I would like to know how fast to work with ProRess type files and also Lumix S1H files,
but I always work with ProRess since Atomos Ninja V.
As is the workflow, the performance of the processors, in short,
the total behavior of the machines with this system. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, info@santiveiga.com,

It is difficult to help you troubleshoot Premiere Pro on macOS operating systems that are still unsupported. I hope a community expert can step in to assist.

I would like to answer specific questions, but I'm afraid it's a little premature to be doing so right now. Sorry. You may want to post this question on the Premiere Pro Beta forum.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines