• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro max bit depth

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into an issue with Premiere Pro's maximum bit depth. From researching, I just discovered that Premieres maximum export depth is 10bit.

If that is correct it means I can't use Premiere for a portion of a project that I am working on. I have these depth map files that were recorded as 24bit PNG sequences. Exporting from Premiere, even with the maximize bit depth option in the export dialogue, results in the footage being truncated to 10bit sequences. This creates horrible stair-stepping in the image from being quantized to a smaller bit depth.

Is 10 bits really a maximum render setting? If it is then I'll have to redo this part of the project in After Effects or a competing video editing product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking the box that says "render at maximum depth" from export settings. This should render out at 32-bit color depth. Full article here: Understanding render options in Adobe Premiere Pro - Blog - Digital Rebellion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bit-depth is a color setting ... if you're getting "stair-stepping" that's visible in say diagonal lines, that's not something that bit-depth would be affected by. If you see effects from low bit-depth, that is 'banding' ... where you don't have quite enough color data and on a smooth surface such as wall or sky you can see an edge to color gradations.

Stair-stepping ... the jaggies on diagonals ... are from frame-size issues especially if resizing is involved, and are more likely to be caused by sizing or applied effects. The control for this is "Maximum Quality".

But if you're seeing jaggies/stair-stepping, you've got an issue with wrong frame-size somewhere most likely, either the sequence the media is "on", the way the media was placed on the sequence, or your export settings.

So ... how about providing the info on your sequence settings, media frame-size/rate, and your export setttings. Screen-grabs of the appropriate dialog boxes are great.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines