Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere pro mp3 audio won't play but is in the timeline, not muted

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All audio plays except for mp3 clips I added. They used to work in the same project. Just opened and not working. Nothing is muted, and it all shows present in timeline. Any ideas?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the mp3 files to wav before importing into Premiere Pro.

Premiere Pro can sometimes behave wonky with mp3 files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Peru Bob suggested, since MP3 is a container for compressed audio, you may have compression at different levels, e.g. variable vs fixed bitrate, mono/stereo, different types of kHz, bitrates etc.

In order to tackle these issues, consider running the audio files through Audition and save them out as WAV files before importing them to PPro. The same holds true for JPGs, PNGs or GIFs, but then through Photoshop.

PPro is probably the most format agnostic program out there, so usually it eats just about anything, but when it doesn't chew, do some meal preparation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I have literally just started having this issue. The file is recognised but has no wave to show the audio levels. You play and hear nothing. After recently after updating  I then had to convert all of these files to .wav just to use the audio, which sometimes they work, but then I cannot see the waveform unless I crop into the timeline really close.

What is annoying is that I know its a premiere issue as I used some mp3 tracks before with no issues. 

Someone below said to convert all files but this is just another thing to slow down our workflow. I see this as a problem as it never used to happen before! You're telling me that I have to download license-free music and then convert it just to put it in my timeline when I've simply been downloading it and dragging it into my timeline? it doesn't make sense.

If someone finds a fix, please do let me know, I'd really appreciate it because this is annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines