• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not downloading on MacBook Pro 2015 (BigSur 11.7.1)

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started the free trial for Premiere Pro and when I double click on the Premiere Pro icon, nothing happens. Literally, nothing. Not even a wheel turning.

Here are my MacBook specs, if that helps:

- RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

- SSD storage: 36.52GB available out of 250GB memory

Is there any hope that I can run Premiere Pro with these settings?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laurel,

Thanks for the message. I'm Kevin, one of the community managers here. I hope either the community, or I can help you!

According to info given for the 2015 MacBook Pro (both the 13" and 15" versions), these systems carry a CPU which no longer meets system requirements, but you should still be able to launch the application and work with some kinds of media. Something else is afoot. 

You say that you double-clicked on the application icon. Where did you do so? In the applications folder? I tested that and it works, however, I am using the latest version of macOS. 

What happens if you single click the application icon in the dock? Does it work there? How about the Creative Cloud application. Does the "Open" button work? Let us know what happens after trying these things. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines