• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not installing on M2 Chip Macbook Air?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a brand new Macbook Air with the M2 Chip. Upon trying to download Premiere Pro, the install will get to 90%(ish) and then fail.

The error code 183 pops up witht the following text.Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 11.11.53 AM.png

I've tried all the basic solutions. Please help!

Thanks heaps.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check your system specs and Premiere's specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've already tried all the steps here and nothing was successful unfortunately.

Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much RAM do you have installed.  Macbook Airs may not meet meet the minimum specs for Premiere.  I think RobShultz was suggesting you check in to this, just in case you didn't understand...  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html.   And of course, make sure you have sufficient empty space on your startup drive.  It's generally accepted that you should keep 20% free space on your startup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, my system meets all the minimum requirements. My friend has the same computer but with the M1 Chip and hasn't had any issues. Might have to take the computer back into store but I can't imagine its a fault on apples end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to sort it!

Downloaded Rosetta 2 after following a reddit thread and we're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rosetta 2 fixed the problem, then a possible cause is:

Premiere Pro is Apple Silicon native. However, some external components (most likely with the Adobe installer or Adobe licensing, not Premiere Pro itself) might still be Intel code.

Normally, that would trigger a macOS alert asking for approval to install Rosetta. It is possible that if someone denies that, preventing Rosetta from being automatically downloaded, that could cause the failure to install an Adobe application.

But this might be a solution for a different installation problem than the one being discussed in this thread, based on the error screen shot in the first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines