Premiere Pro not loading on Apple Studio (M1 Max)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've upgraded to Apple Studio (M1 Max) and I'm now getting the following error message on startup of Premiere Pro:

CleanShot 2022-06-02 at 11.48.30.png

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Craig

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

have you tried an earlier version of premiere.   You can find them in the creative cloud app.  Are you running any other apps at the same time?  If so, try restarting without running anything else.  You might also try creating a new user with administrative privileges in system preferences:  users and groups.  

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:

I'm running Premiere Pro 22.4, MacOS 12.4, 64 GB RAM

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried an earlier version of premiere.   You can find them in the creative cloud app.  Are you running any other apps at the same time?  If so, try restarting without running anything else.  You might also try creating a new user with administrative privileges in system preferences:  users and groups.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mgrenadier, downgrading to 22.3.1 solved the problem

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for posting your experience.  Not enough people do...  I know it's been a while since the m-1 chips were introduced, but it's still early days...  so not surprising there are still issues.   I went thru hell with a complicated project dealing with iphone and sony footage and extensive photoshop images with random intermittent glitching, etc.   Posted here and an adobe employee suggested working with the beta version which solvved the problem...

I know there's alot of anger here directed at Adobe whenever there's an update, but from my experience, compared to other NLE's I've worked with since the early days of Avid, they're doing a decent job.   Could they do better? probably, but we live in an imperfect world...  at least mine is...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines