• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro not recognising s-log color space

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is not recognising the S-log Color space of my A7S111 clips. I’d like to edit these in the rec709 color space without LUTs but can’t make this work. In the interpret forge tab it says the clips are rec 709 and there is no slog option in the Color space overwrite drop down menu. Anybody else seen this?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

use beta version to unlock s-log features

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

For grading you could easily use the public beta as Chris suggests ... they've got a very good tranform over there, I'll take a transform over a LUT any day of course.

Would love to see a screen grab of how the image appears in Pr too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see a screen grab of your Interpret Footage dialog ... drag/drop it onto the text reply area so we can see it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil

I'll send a screenshot tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Here's a screengrab showing that Premiere is saying the s-log clip is rec709. And there is no s-log option in the 'color space overide' tab.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 16.49.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For grading you could easily use the public beta as Chris suggests ... they've got a very good tranform over there, I'll take a transform over a LUT any day of course.

Would love to see a screen grab of how the image appears in Pr too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil and Chris

I've tried the beta version and yes there is an S-log3/sGumut3.cine option in the color space overide tab so that's fixed my issue. Any idea how long before this appears in the non-beta Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They never ever pre-announce. Something from their massive legal division on that.

I would expect in a patch fairly soon though. I will say, much of the time the public betas have been totally stable for me. Last fall I mainly worked in the beta actually. But you can go between them easily.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, good to know. I'll use the beta for now until the next update.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, im getting this same issue. Working with FX9, FX3, FS7mk2 and PP seems to randomly be able to see the color space from the file. Gonna be tricky to pass projects between editors for a bit untill this gets patched. Trying the beta now to see if it is a solutionScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 12.18.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 12.19.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use beta version to unlock s-log features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris. As you say, the beta does have the s-log color space overide option which fixes my issue, so I'm using that for the time being.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm one that is eager for their Sony transforms to get pushed out to the shipping versions. I've worked with a few Sony S-log3-cine clips that had a gorgeous transform. Highlight separations for both contrast/tonality and color were amazing. I couldn't come close with Lumetri.

So for that, yea, the beta is needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines