Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not responding when clicking on Auto in Lumetri Color

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community, 

after I updated to the newest Version of Premiere Pro, I encounter following error:

Whenever I click the Auto Button in the Lumetri Color Tab, Premire freezes and crashes as soon as I click somewhere. I already used the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Premiere Pro and reinstalled it. All my drivers are up to date. I tried deactivating my GPU and activated it again. I founnd a similar question from 2017, a Adobe Expert recommended to delete the content of this folder -> C:\Users\User\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-User 

as well as reset the User Workspace. Did all of that, rebootet system. 

Unfortunately, the error still occurs. I ask for quick help and hope that the new version will not cause more errors. Is it possible to downgrade to the last 2019 version?

Thank a lot. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow amazing! Everything works well again! Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable answer.  Last time I did this, it was a lot of work to put everything back the way it was and caused signigicant interuption to my work day.  This might be okay for a sudent or hobbyist, but professionals with deadlines cannot afford to reset preferecnes everytime Adobe has an issue like this.

I have spent a lot of time customizing Adobe Premeire, they need to fix this serious bug.

Not to mention we lose work every time it happens.  I'm now in the habit of saving every time I hit "auto".

Just another reason why we might switch to Davinci Resolv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync settings.

Upload and download all your Preferences/Settings, workspaces and kbsc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI this didn't work.  I had to logout & login to Creative Cloud, UNINSTALL and REINSTALL Adobe Premeire to get it working again.  

Adobe charges a lot of money for software so buggy 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who works daily in both Pr and in Davinci Resolve ... the problem is their basic intention. Both are being built and marketed as all-in-all solutions for all video workflows on all hardware with all media. And by the time you try for that, it gets near impossible to get all the various parts working on everyone's machine.

For example ... the most recent major release of DR, 17.4 had the same type problems. Many users fine. Some working in it but needing to use annoying workarounds. And some completely hammered, having to revert to a prior build.

Sound familiar? Yea.

And one of the pain points in the 2022 build 22.1.1 is that the AutoTone feature in Lumetri isn't working for many users. Reverting to 22.0 is quite possible and gets the AutoTone back.

Actually a lot easier than reverting in Resolve. Which I've done the odd time or two.

They've both fancy hammers, that's all. Tools.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish Adobe had more granular auto-update settings.

Like, imagine being able to select "Latest" or "Stable".  Some people want the latest features, and some people can't afford to gamble productive hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "stable" ... and it will depend on your gear, media, and workflow. So ... how are they supposed to know this for you? Not possible.

You can revert to specific numbered versions of the app, so it's rather easy to do so. Making it also easy to test a new build when you've got a few minutes and want to check it out.

It's very quick to go into the CC Desktop app, select the 3-dot menu on the Premiere Pro line, "other versions", and click the 22.0 option for example.

And as that's still the same build series as the 22.1, then any project used in 2022 is workable without issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh... Lots of software does this, it's not a new concept.  

I think we come from slighgtly differet philosophical perspectives but I did enjoy reading your post, thanks for commenting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a discussion on the exact same topic on the BlackMagic forum at the moment. With a number of noted users trying to figure out how it would even work.

I'm actually not aware of any software with such a feature, other than a few which offer essentially the exact equivalent of the Adobe "public beta". You can choose their 'shipping' or their 'testing' or whatever version.

So with Adobe apps, you can have the public beta and you can have the 'regular' version. And of course, step back through every dot release of the last two major series. That seems to cover things, to me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

resetting didn't work for me its still crashing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines