• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not showing Through Edits

Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch B-Roll clips in a timeline that I'm grabbing selects from but none of the clips are showing Through Edits even though I have it enabled. However, if I make a new sequence from one of the clips Through Edits show up in on that clip, and if I copy and paste all the clips from the B-Roll timeline into the new sequence they still won't show the Through Edits even though the clip I created the the sequence from does.

What is going on here? Why are these clips not showing through edits and how do I fix that?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D Parsons,

If Sequence > Show Through Edits is enabled for both sequences, then I suspect the original sequence is corrupt. You might have to redo the through edits in a sequence which is not corrupt. Try that and report back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried copying all the clips and pasting them into another sequence but that didn't entirely solve it. Some of the clips show through edits but others don't and they're all exactly the same property wise (they were all shot on the same camera, same fps, etc...). It seems completely random right now as to which ones will work correctly and which won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any through edits that are copy/pasted from a orrupt sequence may not work, as I said. I suggested redoing the work in a new sequence, which I know, is not a pleasant solution but it's all I've got for you this instant. Sorry.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too late for this one but as it's the first thing that appears on Google when you search this issue I will answer in case it help someone. I didn't exactly found the easy solution to it but at least I think I found the case. It's probably due to the clips moving between sequences with different fps rate. If you add the clip straight from project nothing happens, if you copy a clip from one sequence to another having the same fps nothing happens, but when you copy from one fps sequence to another fps sequence or even if you change the sequence fps after adding the clips, then it's when the problems appear. Sometimes if you make the cut, move the clip just a frame (in my case and fill the gap with one of the extremes of the clip, the through edit appears, even when nothing was really added (that frame adds no new visual info, in fact, it repeats a frame and stops doing it after you delete the through edit).

In the particular case of the main message of the board, I guess the issue was that the b-roll was created having the fps of the clip (sequence from clip) and the sequence it was moved to was the desired fps sequence.

Another issue that happens there also is that not only the through edits don't show, sometimes when you edit he clip it says automatically that there's like a duplicate frame (but you play it and nothing seems nothing seems wrong).

I guess that, whatever Premiere Pro does when you add a clip to a sequenceto addapt the fps to that sequence creates this bug that makes the program consider some cuts are not so perfect to be considered through edits when they are.

So no solution but at least we may assume that we should try to not mixing fps sequences if possible or change the fps after creating the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines