Premiere Pro not utilizing all of my ram and having choppy playback to the extend it couldn't edit

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Need some help here, I'm working on 10 bit 422 files, yesterday was fine, as it utilised almost 70% of the ram capacity and today, the ram usage is lesser than 10% and I am having choppy playback, anyone faces this issue here? It was done in proxies. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm currently running on:
1. Windows 11
2. Ryzen 7 5800x
3. 128gb of Ram (Upgraded last week)
4. RTX 3070TI ran issue.png

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM is going to have a very minimal impact on playback performance. And using 70% of 128GB of RAM for a Premiere Project sounds wild. Is this a massive project? Granted I work mostly in corporate or commercial stuff these days. I've only worked on one feature-length doc project but I still don't think we came anywhere close to that.

If you monitor your task manager during playback are you noticing a bottleneck anywhere, especially including drives or network depending on how your media is attached?

What kind of proxies are they? Are you able to test to see if they are indeed being utilized? I have had an issue at one point where for whatever reason the audio portion of the proxies was referencing the original media and so the proxies were effectively not working at all. I had to unattach and reattach them and they started working again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Playback is mostly related to CPU and most importantly hard drives.

What is your storage configuration? where is everyhthing stored? (Media files, projects, cache, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines