• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro only runs with admin rights anymore!

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I was told to put that here - please help:

This is so frustrating! Suddenly on one Notebook Premiere just launches when execute with admin rights, otherwise it stucks during the splash screen when loading "ImporterQuicktime.prm". We searched for any kind of solution and found multiple solutions BUT nothing works! Even Adobe Support are not able to help really but providing a list/document of useless solutions. The only solution we have not tried yet is creating another user account on Windows - but that would afford a lot of work with all the other things.

So: Premiere Pro is running perfectly when starting with Admin Rights - but we need to run it with a normal STANDARD USER on Windows. It worked fine but suddenly it is not working anymore - for no reason!! And any other Adobe App is starting and working fine with the normal user account.

So please please please help quickly! After hours and hours we are at a loss now!

And sorry to say, but this should be so embarrissing for Adobe!!!

PS: The version is 22.2. By the way: also Media Encoder is 22.2, if you need to know that (but ME starts without problems). We have already tried previous version of PP (22.0) but no effect. So??

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything else get changed recently? New anti-virus, something like hardware monitoring software, etc. Did you try creating a new user account and see if that works. You can reset the user prefs, delete the media cache, clear 3rd party plugins. Finally you can reinstall.

If you do, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, many thanks for your help!

But no, no changes, nothing. As said, it works fine when starting as admin - on the same user account! Creating a new user (I guess you mean "Microsoft/Windows User") is NO option - as said. And all the other suggestions: we did that, several times, with cleaner, without cleaner, cleared registry, deactivating anti-virus etc. - nothing works. What we did not try so far, is, uninstalling CC completely. But again: It does work well when starting as admin - so the solution probably is hidden somewhere else - but we are lost meanwhile, unfortunately. So frustrating.

So any further suggestions, please?!!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about Control Panel / User Accounts, try creating a new one, is it possible to make the current user an admin?

MyerPj_0-1647367991205.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are talking about User Accounts in Windows. As said: Creating a new user is no option - and it's also no option to make that user an admin. The user needs to be a normal user, no admin, due to company policies. Or do you mean anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, try it and see if it works. Making a regular user account. If it works, we'll know something, if not, delete it and you'll be back to where you were, but with more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, OK, we could try that - BUT if it still does not work, what else? We would not have any more specific info. Anyway, we will give it a try, but in case / in the meantime: Please, MyerPj and folks, give us a solution without dealing with any windows account. As said: Any other Adobe CC App works fine with the current user - just Premiere Pro is doing that sh**.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of no reason this should not work. There are some older apps that required admin rights and windows compatibility issues, but nothing current.

Check the shortcut and the actual file: be sure it has not been set to run as admin. Right click, Open File Location (and if it is a shortcut, repeat). It You can set it that way on your machine. Properties, Advanced, Run as Administrator.

No, I have not tested to see if that could be it. But I'd check. I suspect it would have to be set that way by an administrator. But I would expect it to create an error at the very beginning, not at the end of loading presets.

Do you have any plugins etc that are not just the plain ones?

@Kevin-Monahan Any thoughts?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CANT BELIEVE THAT!

Now, after long hours of setting up a whole new windows user account, Premiere actually worked as it should! Without admin rights!

BUT THEN OUT OF NOTHING THE SAME PROBLEM WAS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY? WHAT? IS THERE NOBODY WHO CAN REALLY HELP???????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am talking about 30 minutes or so! Not after days! Just after several minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could make a hybrid account. when i used to work as desktop support, we sometimes had to give admin to just a folder or two. I see ImporterQuicktime.prm is in programs files\adobe and \common files, so try adding just those folders as full read/write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is really no help here no matter how many times you said company policy won't allow a standard user admin rights, we have the same issue with 3 of our users and even running as admin for testing purposes with adding them to the admin group it still would hand when loading importquicktime.prm plugin, even removing that plugin and exportquicktime.prm it would then lock up on the playermedia plugin, if you remove that one premier won't open.

we found if they disconnect from the network (makes no sense i know) when they launch premier it works it will load up.

we also discovered deleteing the sharedtags.json file in the users profile, c:\users\profilename\appdata\roaming\adobe\common\essential sounds\  it would then open just fine after running as administrator 100% of the time. however we also don't want our users to be admins on their systems so this isn't a fix, its just a workaround. you also might need to go to view options to show hidden and file extensions.

creating a new user account worked for a bit but then it locked up again like it did for you. a lot of forums say to run it as administrator and its fix but again its not a fix for company machines as users should never have admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be a driver or such which finally gets updated, or your anit-virus calling thing to a halt.

You can make just the one program run as ADMIN by using 'Properties/Advanced...' from the context menu for the PP icon.

MyerPj_0-1649534261941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines