• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro ONLY using GPU

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm a professional filmmaker and this is driving me crazy.

It's been happening for a couple of weeks, Premiere is using mainly the GPU for everything I do without almost using the CPU. The renders time are really slow, sometimes it crash...

Appart from that, the Windows Display Manager is consuming a lot in the Intel GPU, something I haven't been able to solve either.

If I try to export using software only, it will use anyway the integrated GPU or the Nvidia graphics. I've looked for a lot of information, tried different things, changing project settings (it happens in everything I edit)...

Thank you!

Premiere_GPU.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe software has a lot of areas that use GPU. I think you would have already done this, but just making sure. Turn off GPU acceleration in Preferences > General. 

Here's an article from Adobe that may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqke This is Premiere Pro: your are referring to Pr. Elements. Which works a little different.

@víctorp39775027 Turning off H.264/hvec hardware decoding and encoding is found in Preferences > Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But the funny thing here is that even usins just software encoding, Premiere will use the integrated graphics card or the Nvidia anhway and still not use almost any CPU. I lnow it makes no sense and actually I believe it's more of a Windoes problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh.. oops, my bad 😛

well you can still turn off your gpu acceleration in regular premiere in Project Settings

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines