• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Playback Crashing Consistently

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having random crash problems recently, so I reinstalled Premiere last night.

Everything seemed to be working this morning, but then the playback started to malfunction. And now, Premiere Pro is refusing to load any media, regardless of media type (images, videos, audios), or if editing in existing projects or in new ones. Every single media is being replaced by "media pending" and I am always three clicks away from the program crashing. Sometimes the sources will load, but the sequence never loads and pressing the play button always results in black screen and then crash.

I tried everything I could find on the internet, including clearing the media cache files, reseting the preferences, re-enabling the clips, closing sequence before playback, turning hardware acceleration on and off, etc. I even manually deleted the Premiere Pro folder in appdata. Nothing seems to work.

I am using a Gigabyte Aorus 15 laptop (2019), which should be (was) enough to run the application.

I am now at my wit's end. Anything from you guys will be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the crash.  Could you confirm if there's an update available for your GPU driver? Also, can you also check if crash reports are saved? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thank you for the prompt reply, here are the two most recent crash logs. It doesn't seem like a GPU driver issue but I will update it in the meantime regardless.

Best,

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the most recent UXPlog, I waited two hours for it to load the media but everything still appeared to be pending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

Unfortunately, UXP logs are not helpful for troubleshooting crashing issues. You need an actual crash report generated in a crash report dialog box. Are you getting such a dialog box, or are you getting the spinning wheel happening to you (a hang)? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

I have shared a few crash reports with adobe directly with the dialog box with my email attached linked to this account. Would you please inform me where the crash reports will be stored? (and file type)

best

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

Crash log locations and details are here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

I searched for crash logs from this location and the email in your profile but could not locate any. Which version of Premiere Pro are you working with?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I didn't find any crash reports in the location given, but I did find some dmp files in 22.0/SentryIO-db/reports. This is where the dialog box directed me. Unfortunately I cannot share the files through this forum. Will these be helpful, Are there other ways I can share them to you?

I am working on Premiere Pro 22.5

Best,

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

If you do not have any crash reports, you may be experiencing hangs, not crashes. I can pass along the dmp files to engineering to see what they say, but I daresay that these files might not hold any critical troubleshooting info, but we can try. 

You can always send me a PM with a link to Dropbox or Creative Cloud file sharing services: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Hope I can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harry,

It turns out the logs did turn up some information that you might find useful. You are not crashing. You are hanging and then force quitting the application. In other words, you are not crashing, so that's why you are not generating a crash report on your computer, nor could I find one on the Adobe crash log database.

The issue appears to be with your media. Which camera is it from? You are using a format that is tripping up the importer used by Premiere Pro. To work around the problem, the suggestion is to transcode the footage to a mezzanine codec, like ProRes, DNxHR/HD, or GoPro Cineform. You can also create proxies. I recommend ProRes LT for most editing projects.

The engineers can learn more about your media problem with a full dump file. Next time you have a hang, right-click the process in Task Manager. When it shows a white screen, create the Dump File, zip the generated .dmp, and get that file to me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines