Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere pro, problem with source clip, after updating it

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll briefly explain the problem, in a suquenza i insert a clip worked in AE, then i decide to modify it and export it again from AE overwriting the already existing one while keeping Premiere open.

After exporting and overwriting the clip from AE i go back to Premiere and the updated / overwritten clip is no longer visible and this pops up with the error, that is, it is not automatically updated, i am forced to close Premiere and restart it, only in this way the updated clip becomes visible and usable again.
Why does this happen? in the old versions I remember that every change was updated without problems.
Thanks and who will be able to advise me.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend a different work flow.

Have the clip in your timeline in Premiere, right click and replace with After Effects composition.

Save the file as After Effects opens and make your changes. Save in After Effects and it should update in Premiere without a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines