Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Productions, Projects wont open anymore

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

Working on an Premiere pro Production Workflow, and just recently my windows PC won't open projects anymore.

When I try to open one Project it will get stuck half way (see the image bellow). When I open any project file though file explorer it works just fine, this only happens if I try to open it with the production panel. Any solutions? 

Screenshot 2022-09-23 093545.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

I've resolved my issue. My projects are saved to a NAS server. Every so often I'd shut down my server and each time that I turned it back on it would give me a new IP address for it. The premiere projects would still try to look for the media at the old IP address.  The solution was to shut down the server, and unplug the ethernet cord from my computer so the project couldn't even look through that port. The project opened fine. Offlined the media. Dettached all proxy files and saved the project

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please mention which build is facing

this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened when I had version 22.6.1 installed. So far I have reset my preferences, unistalled premiere and instal the version 22.0. I also tried to update to 22.6.2 and nothing.

We have two more Mac computers working from the same shared storage and they work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated Windows recently, Andrew? You may want to try that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here at work we have 3 Windows machines and 3 Macs. All of the Windows machines are updated with the latest version of windows 10. 

One of the Windows machines never worked with this production, but the other two just started having this behavior today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Andrew. I will ask the product team if they can respond. I hope we can help you solve this case.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andrew,

The words that caught my eye, in your initial post, were 'just recently'...

What has changed about your system configuration(s), since you were able to open a Production, and its constituent projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no ideia of what can be the culprit of this situation...

I was working on the production just fine, left at the end of the day, came back next morning and it stopped working. No updates, no file structure difference, nothing.

Since then I have indeed updated windows and premiere pro, in hopes of solving the issue. I also tried to connect different computers, but at this moment no Windows PCs can open the production files, only Macs. Never had this happen to me before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's disturbing, Andrew. I'll ask the team if they might know more about this now that they have returned from IBC.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>No updates, no file structure difference, nothing.

Well, there had to be something...

My team (which created Productions) discussed the issues you reported, and have some questions, and guidance: 

How are you opening the Production's projects, 'directly'? If you're not first removing them from the Production directory, the Production will still be opened.

Also worth trying (once you've backed up your Productions directory): You could delete the .prodset file, and open the Production (which should trigger a rebuild of that file). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a solution come up yet? I've been having the same issue. I have a film due soon and need to get this opened.
Build 69  V 23.2.0
Working off a server
Windows 10-Home
Normall Premiere Projects will open but none of the projects within the Produciton will. Even copying the project from the Production to a different location to open as a normal project wont open it.
I recently upgraded my RAM from 32gb to 128gb. That's the only change I can think of since opening the Production last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming: the only projects which fail to open on your system are projects which currently are, or have previously been, within a production folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the above ways to make it work and that hasn't helped.
Although, just now, I was able to open it on a mac. So maybe when I copy the production folder back on to my PC tonight, it will have fixed the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting 15+ hours, the project did open. Problem is, I have over 100 projects within this production. I don't have that kind of time to wait to get these all open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, same the original user, works on a mac, but not the PC. I tried opening the Production that I tried on the MAC to see if that reset anything, and that did not work. I've rolled back a windows update to when this Production was working and even rolled by my graphics card and that didn't work. The director needs this project done ASAP. I can't lose another future project with a director because of Adobe causing problems. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you guys set up your Production? Might be useful for other people dealing with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucas,

We think we know what the problem is; the team will reach out to you this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same isse, premier wont open my projetct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Cineasta30361531w1zp,

Thanks for the note. Is the project contained within a Production? Any further info you can share?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've resolved my issue. My projects are saved to a NAS server. Every so often I'd shut down my server and each time that I turned it back on it would give me a new IP address for it. The premiere projects would still try to look for the media at the old IP address.  The solution was to shut down the server, and unplug the ethernet cord from my computer so the project couldn't even look through that port. The project opened fine. Offlined the media. Dettached all proxy files and saved the project. Re-attched my server [another note, i changed my server settings to always have the same IP address] and the project opened right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines