• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro project file won't open: white icon instead of purple logo. Files linked to Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have been working on a project and I left it alone for about a month, in that time I updated to the latest version of premiere. Now when I go to open the .prproj it is a white icon and won't open in premiere pro. 

It also seems to be linked to lightroom somehow. There are a whole bunch of folders named .prproj but when I open them up I see a file .lprev file that has a white icon. 

There are also a whole bunch .prproj files missing the premier pro icon (instead there is a white icon) and when I click on 'get info' I can see they are stored in a lightroom catalogue. Which doesn't make sense because they're video files but perhaps I've accidentally dragged them in and it's messed up the files somehow? Can you help?

I'm trying to give all the detail because I have no idea how to fix this. Is was a couple of days work that I unfortunately didn't save anywhere else. I just had a bunch of autosaves. But now they are all looking the same: white icon, won't open in premiere pro.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultijkn4wfbk6ic,

Thanks for reaching out.

What happens when you try to open the projects? Do you see any error message? How does the icon look? Could you share a screenshots of the icon and Get Info window? It'll help us to understand the issue better.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I seem to be having the same issue. My premier pro file is white and (as seen below) and when i double click to open the file this error message appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. Could you share the elaborated crash report with us?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-on-windows-o...

It will help us analyze the reason causing this.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm not sure how to find the crash report. I have followed your link but it seems that solution is for windows (I am using mac). Underneath i recognise that there is an alternative route for mac computers but when following the path 'Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨[Your Username] ▸ ⁨Library' (as encouraged) after selecting my user there is no option to click 'library'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ella5C16,

What's the version of Premiere Pro you're using? Is it Premiere Pro 2019? Could you try right clicking the Premiere Pro project > Open with > Choose Premiere Pro (version which is installed).

I wonder if it's the file association not properly configured. Looks like your computer is trying to open Premiere Pro projects with Premiere Pro 2019. You can try changing the default app if that's the case.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sommelier problem with me premiere pro project file icons tarn in to white and won't open in premiere pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines