• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Project no longer importing files: video, audio, or otherwise

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported around 60% of the footage I have to edit. The files are all 6k and so to prevent running out of space on my main drive, I have an external drive plugged into my PC that is streaming some of the footage. After dragging and dropping and creating proxies, suddenly the import files window would come up and not move at all, even after several hours. I've deleted old media caches and imported the remaining 40% onto my internal drive but still can't put anything new into my project. My other projects work as normal. Any help is much obliged.

PPRO 2023

Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super

Driver Version 526.86

Intel Core i9-9900k CPU @ 3.60GHz

15.92 G's of RAM

I've done both drag-and-drop as well as file>import, but not that new screen, I'll try that next. Is it possible reverting back to 2022 would resolve some of these issues? I never experienced this with similarly sized files prior

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How fast is the read and write speed of your external drive? It might be bottlenecking there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines