• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Project Vanished without a trace!

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a couple other posts about this however they are unresolved and locked so I wanted to post again.

Seasoned PP editor and I know what I'm doing.

My project along with autosaves completely vanished without a trace.  The renders and assets folders were intact - just the project file and autosaves vanished. 

I for sure did not mistakenly delete it and searched recycle bin and entire drive and nothing. Did not even show up in 'recents' when PP opens.  It's like it was never there.  (Glitch in the matrix??)

I'd love for Adobe support to comment and if there is a fix for this.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want Support, you need to contact them over chat.

Have the assets also vanished

Did you make a backup to another drive?

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," or just "Save".

The only 'fix' I know (if the project really vanished) to use the backup project.

System restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project along with autosaves completely vanished without a trace.  The renders and assets folders were intact - just the project file and autosaves vanished. 

By @Jonathan Newman

Where was it located, on an internal drive or external drive? If internal, was it located in the Documents folder or any other system folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in an external drive. But I've had projects on external drives for years without any problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in an external drive. But I've had projects on external drives for years without any problems 

By @Jonathan Newman

O.k! Do a search for *.prproj on all drives in any file manager. You may have saved the project on the internal drive assuming it was on the external drive, so it´s worth searching for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nope. I have done that.. The project was saved where it was saved and I had worked on it for days. I've read the other posts. This is not an issue with me forgetting where it is. This is an Adobe issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines