• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro project will not allow adding a clip with a lower frame size

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a video using clips with varied frame sizes.  I have IPhone footage that is 1280x720 and DJI Drone footage that is 3840x2160.  The frame rates are the same 29.97.

If I start with a sequence using the DJI footage frame resolution (3840x2160), Premiere Pro will not allow me to add the IPhone clips (1280x720)  If I start with a sequence using the IPhone footage frame resolution, (1280x720) Premiere Pro will allow me to to add DJI footage clips, (3840x2160) 

I want the final project to have the higher resolution.  I have done this before and not had a problem building a sequence with mixed frame resolutions.  I fully undersatnd that the size of the varied footage is either smaller or larger when used in the same sequence.  Not sure what is happening this time.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this is more to do with codec or CFR/VFR incompatibility, not resolution.

Try creating a new sequence from the iPhone footage, then adjust the sequence setting resolution to 3840x2160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peru Bob, I think this resolved the issue.  Fingers crossed

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I tried building a sequence as you suggested. I had the same problem. I built a sequence with the 1280x720 IPhone frame size. I added the IPhone clip. Then adjusted the sequence to the DJI frame size 3840x2160. I added a DJI clip and then tried to add another IPhone clip. The DJI clip added no problem, but I was not able to add the new IPhone clip.

Here are the properties of the 2 clips

DJI
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 5.55 MB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 29.97
Total Duration: 00:00:00:13
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

IPhone
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 17.06 MB
Image Size: 720 x 1280
Frame Rate: 29.98
Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - Compressed - Mono
Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
Total Duration: 00;00;16;08
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0
Variable Frame Rate Detected

I just noticed the DJI has a frame RATE of 29.97, as expected, but the IPhone clip has a frame rate of 29.98. I've never seen this before. IS this the cause of my issue? IF so is there a work around?

Best,

Lyman H. Goodrich

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines