• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro "normalize all peaks to 0" leads to no audio

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PP 14.3 and merging video with multiple audio tracks recorded in the field at 32 bit float.  I need to normalize the peaks for a lot of the audio (and have plenty of head room to fix hot audio) but when I use that feature in Audio Gain, the audio is cancelled. The meter window reflects good levels but I cannot hear the tracks anymore.  Why is this happening?  Is there a fix? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am having trouble undoing the Normalize command so I can go back to logging footage with the original audio levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gotta say, I've always found the normalize in Premiere problematic.   If you have the full CC suite, you might try sending the audio to Audition.  I usually just roughly balance the audio manually as I'm editing if I'm not going to outsource the sound design and then fine tune it when I lock picture, but I'm old school and this is probably not what you want to hear.  You might try converting the audio files to a lower bitrate and see if that solves the problem.  Should be pretty simple to do a test and then unlink and relink the files...  Hopefully someone else has better advice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines