• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro randomly adding contrast to some clips on import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen several threads with what seems to be the exact same issue but none of the solutions have worked for me. What's most bizarre is that it's not even all the clips, it's about half. Contrast is being applied on some takes and not others of the same shot. The original footage is log and looks normal when viewed outside of premiere pro. Even the footage transcoded with media encoder looks like the original log footage.

I tried exporting a clip with original color together with a clip with the added high contrast and the high contrast is still there on the 2nd clip on export so this is clearly not a monitor issue. It's a premiere pro issue.

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 4.57.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 4.58.14 PM.png

Footage shot on Arri Amira in 4k.

I've tried relinking, updating and restarting premiere pro, switching off "Enable Color Display Management", turning off "Enable hardware accelerated decoding", and Profile First Aid in ColorSync Utility.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

I found the solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/disable-auto-lut-on-import-of-amira-log-footage/td-p/9672895

Premiere Pro was auto-applying a lut on import. As for why this lut was only applied to some clips and not all. I still don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like typical log footage in one shot, normalized in the other.

Have you checked the Source tab settings in the ECP with a clip on the timline, to see if the Arri-raw controls are being used?

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't being used. All I've done so far is import and transcode the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you haven't used them, or that they aren't appearing to be used in the ECP?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, I haven't used them and I checked the ECP to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you could get me a sample clip of those in the original media? I'd love to test that next week and see what's going on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/disable-auto-lut-on-import-of-amira-log-foot...

Premiere Pro was auto-applying a lut on import. As for why this lut was only applied to some clips and not all. I still don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines