• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro randomly stops at a specific timeframe?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some videos, but PP seems to bug out every time it reaches the 34:46 mark on the timeline. For example, the video playback is normal, but the second it hits 34:46, the audio cuts out with the playback is still going. I could press space to stop it, but pressing space again won't resume playback. Also, I would try to exit out of the window, but then it stops working overall and I have to resort to force stop via CTRL, ALT, DELETE. This all started when I updated it just recently.

And this seems to be happening on other projects, but not all projects. When I tried testing to see if it'll start bugging out at 34:46 on another project, the video playback on this project seemed to work just fine. No problems. But the 34:46 bug seems to affect PP on certain projects.

Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cjimenez923,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using & the system specs. Also, do you have any effects applied on the timeline corresponding to that timecode? If so, have you tried temporarily disabling it to check if the timeline is playing properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem.  At 34:46 mark the audio cuts out and the video keeps playing.  Once I hit stop I can get nothing to work and I have to restart the program.  I removed all effects and I get the same problem.  I have opened up an entirely new project and started over.  At 34.46 the same thing happens.  I then started the entire project over again using an entirely different computer and the same exact thing happened.  I am running Premiere Pro 2022.  I am not sure which version but I downloaded newest version that was available on 4/19/22.  So I don't think it has anything to do with my computer's specs becasue I have tried it on 2 different computers and got the same outcome.   Please help.

Thanks,

Darrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I reported this days ago for 22.3. Another poster reported it at the same timestamp, 34:43 (I thought, but close enough) and I replied to them. If you play through or scrub over this timestamp in a project, crash, every time. On different operating systems, even - he had a Mac, I'm on Windows. Seems like Media Encoder has the issue too, I just had an encode stop processing at what looked suspiciously like the 34:43 mark.

How the Adobe employees responding here are unaware of this I don't know. Guess I'm going to downgrade to 22.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are currently many users experiencing this issue with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here - I've just spent an hour trying to work out why a sequence would crash during rendering thinking it might have been an issue with the clip then wondering if my audio device was having an issue (the audio would play one sample over and over after I scrubbed through 34:46). I've just reverted back to the previous version of Premiere Pro and the issue was immediately resolved.

Adobe - this is a really urgent issue that needs to be fixed immediately. It seems to affect every sequence on every project. This needs to be made an urgent priority!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have identified that the issue is related to audio.  Can you tell me about your audio channelization.  Do you have source clips with multichannel audio?  Is your sequence configured for more than stereo.  We are working quickly on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two audio tracks here. Problem resolved after deleting Track 2. Thank you! Hope you fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines