• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Render Error.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While rendering a video it's giving an error at random times. My screen is starting flickering, after several flickers (glitch on screen) I'm getting an "Error compiling movie" error.

After several tries, it's rendering the video but it's taking a lot of time because I'm getting errors for the first tries. Am I the only one getting this error. And what can cause this?

My Pc Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gtx 1060 Strix, 32 Gb Ram (3200 Mhz), Premiere Pro working on Nvme storage.

I also tried on Media encoder you can see the errors on the image.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are any of your sources from a smartphone or screen recording?  If so, the problem is probably caused by sources with a variable frame rate which can cause inconsistent and unpredictable issues.  Here's how to diagnose and fix

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no they're not. All of them are pictures. I'm adding some effects on pictures. 

Also, I can render in software only mode. But the thing is when I render on software only it's taking 2-3 hours 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are all your still images rgb?  cmyk can cause problems.  Also, what are your source pixel dimensions and the sequence settings?  What effects are you using?  are you using any third party plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using call outs (lower thirds), I'm not using any third party plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you can render in software only mode, and that the error messages point to the accelerated renderer, you most likely have a driver or hardware conflict. Heat could also be an issue.

Update your video card drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website, using their clean install method.

If that doesn't work, try rolling back to a couple of drivers earlier using the same clean install procedure. 

If you still have hair on your head that you haven't pulled out after all of that, please investigate whether your system's cooling can keep up with the high demand put on the graphics card by hardware acceleration in Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's about heating. However, my pc has good conditions for cooling. 
Also, my all drivers are updated. I have a studio driver version of Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1060 is an old graphics card, and may not be up to performing well (or at all) in Pr.

Check out the list of recommended video cards for Premiere Pro and see if any are available to you. Make sure you can return the card if it doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the link you sent is the correct one yes it's not supporting but if the link is this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html it's supporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your list is more up to date.

You can try two more things:

• Go to Preferences>Media and uncheck Hardware Accelerated Decoding.
  • In Sequence Settings and Export Settings, uncheck Composite in Linear Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I already did those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot from your post that is two posts above my first one shows that Composite in Linear Color is still checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You were right. looks like I already did Hardware accelerated decoding uncheck but I forget other. I uncheck Linear Color and tried again but Unfortunately. I got the error again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your computer and Pr after turning off Hardware accelerated decoding? I think that's a necessary step.

Also, did you try rolling back to a previous version of your video card driver?

As a last resort, try the latest gaming driver instead of the studio driver. I know that goes against the current best advice here, but it's worth a try I think.

If none of that works you may be stuck with software rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reply to this.. After days of getting frustrated with the error and trying fix after fix all without a solution, I came across your post and finally learned something new.. i was trying to export a video recorded via screen record from ios and just follow the steps and I'm hoping it will fix the issue, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

let us know how it goes.  Even if it's not variable frame rate, I'd suggest you transcode a to more edit friendly format like prores.  First do the transcode to something like prores 422 (or 422HQ if youre worried about any quality loss).  ...  making sure frame rate, pixel dimensions, etc match the source clip. Once you've done that, you should be able to make the original clip "offline" and then relink to the new file..    If any of this is not clear, post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export with no effects and no color correction. 

If you didn't do any, you can try to export it on a hard drive or somewhere else on your computer, sometimes, in my case, it fixed it. 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this. I always tried to render the same location maybe it can solve not sure I will write the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines