• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro renderer crash at 34:43 in the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in 22.3 and the beta, also happens in Media Encoder regular/beta on a MacBook Pro M1. That particular spot in the timeline at 00:34:43, if i play it, scrub across it, or export the timeline, it goes silent then hangs the renderer. I've transcoded the video clip I had at the offending location, I've even copied another clip to cover that spot, even cut-n-pasted all my data into a brand new timeline. it still fails miserably at that same location. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

I had the same problem, I rolled back to version 22.2 and its working again. I think its a bug in the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the project, dump all cache files. Relaunch Premiere, allow it to build the cache ... then try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried that. Even uninstalled all copies of premiere, cleared out its cache and libraries, reinstalled, copied my project and all the source media files and no other remnants of the project to a new drive and removed the old one. same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try a NEW project and import the current project into it. You might try importing only a part of the original, etc... 

Did you run the cleaner to clear out all Adobe before you reinstalled?

Run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I rolled back to version 22.2 and its working again. I think its a bug in the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That did the trick... So, the bug is in 22.3 and current beta, for both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder... How does one get this acknowledged by Adobe as a real bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. You file a bug report with FULL details ... your system, hardware, media, media source, effects used, behavior that's unexpected over on their Premiere Pro UserVoice site.

And please, give full details! Every post on there whether bug/unexpected behavior or feature request is read and logged in by at least one engineer.

The engineers have told me the vast majority of bug reports are pretty useless .. "X is broken, fix it" ... when they can even figure out what "X" is, quite often on their gear it's working perfectly. So ... what about it are they supposed to know is broken?

Give them full details and a full explanation of how/what/when X happens. They are far more likely to respond then if they need additional information to be able to replicate the issue, as they have some confidence you could give them the additional data they need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem using 22.2, but I was using media encoder, so it's possible the updated encoder was the issue in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Happens to me at 00:34:43 as well, I thought I recognized that timecode. Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. At 34:43 it just freezes. Adobe please fix this ASAP its a global issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues.  Ever since the new update i cannot export a file and the playhead freezes.  Had no issues with the previous version and tried everything suggested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be happening with me also.

Win11
PP 22.3

12900K, 64GB, GTX1070, 980m.2 pros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this has been filed over on their Premiere Pro UserVoice system? This is a very odd duck, and woa ... that would be nasty to deal with a lengthy major project!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a long project originally and it happened when I crossed that timecode. Then I got it to freeze once with a NEW project and first a ProRes clip and it didn't, but then I added an h.264 clip and it froze. But now I'm making a new project with h.264 originally and adding other clips and I'm not getting it to freeze.

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Scott may have posted to UserVoice and didn't provide a link here to it. Here it is:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45047743-premiere-media-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I posted that link plus another reply that never appeared... Anyway, they say its in their top issues to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a very strange issue! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to be having similar issues now since the beginning of last week.  Thought it was one particular project that kept failing. Tried the cache memory clearing and restarting and eventually redid the entire pproject on friday afternoon.  Still crashed but then eventually rendered, seemingly randomly.  Today struggling with similar issue with new project.  Get acceleration error failure with both PR and ME. might have to resort to redoing this project as well.  But it doesn't fill me with confidence as the error seems to be random but persisent and the fix seems to be to hope and pray...

Last week's project was before the update. This week's is with updated software so I am not sure if reverting will help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similiar issues and yes rolling back the update will fix it.  That is what I had to do.   Looking forward to when they fix it though.  Really like some of the new features but not crazy abou the new UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the new UI bugs me for certain projects and then makes perfect sense for others - especially the initial project set up and imports. 

My project eventually rendered after one more failed attempt - switched of hardware acceleration and went software only.  Don't know if that helped or not but took about an hour to render the video I was doing (10mins 4K). Like i said, errors seem to be random at the moment but definitely more frequent than previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing this same problem as well. Tried it on four different machines, all running 22.3. Crashes at 34:43 during playback or export (Premiere export or Encoder). Different projects, different timelines, different footage, same result.

Rolling back to 22.2 and avoiding 22.3 until I hear otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed an bug in the new update and we are working quickly to fix the issue.  We have identified that the issue is related to audio.  Can you tell me about your audio channelization.  Do you have source clips with multichannel audio?  Is your sequence configured for more than stereo.  We are working quickly on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sequence was only created as a stereo mix. The audio track that was in *my* timeline at 34:43 was 48K/24bit mono. I had a handful of other pieces of dialog that came from 48/24 stereo files which I routed source track 1 to L+R out. There are fewer than ten audio files that came in as a 5-channel 48/24 POLY WAV that were ungrouped so 3-4 of those channels could be deleted from each one in the sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines